Those darn lawyers
Last Updated: June 18, 2018
ContextWest knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
What Personal Information Does ContextWest Gather?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at the Site. Here are the types of information that we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way. Such information may include: contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features of the Site. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your future use of the Site, improving the Site and its offerings and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, this Site uses “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Site, or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of the Site and other websites.
- Email Communications: By providing your email address, you give ContextWest permission to send you e-newsletters and other electronic correspondence. To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open email from ContextWest if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to users of the Site (“Users”).
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you such as your name and contact information from other lawful sources and add it to our account information in order to contact you about our solutions.
How Does ContextWest Use Your Information?
ContextWest uses your information in ways that include the following:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products.
- Send requested product or service information to Users.
- Send product updates or warranty information to Users.
- Respond to customer service requests.
- Send newsletters to Users (you may choose to stop receiving newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the emails that you receive, or you can contact us at email@example.com).
- Send marketing materials and communications to Users (you may choose to stop receiving marketing materials and communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the emails that you receive, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Respond to User questions and concerns.
What About Tracking Technologies?
Does ContextWest Share the Information It Receives?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. Such companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Your Consent: We may share information with third parties with your prior consent so that they may process your requests or possibly contact you.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
The security of your personal information is important to ContextWest and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us via the Site, both during transmission and when the information is received. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. If you have any questions about the security of the Site, you can contact ContextWest at email@example.com.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off of the Site when finished using the Site, especially from a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers?
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by going to this website: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Which Information Can I Access?
Upon request ContextWest will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. Users are not able to update or delete previously submitted information online. If your information (such as your email address) should change, you will need to re-submit a registration form or request deletion of your personal information by contacting our Customer Support. ContextWest will respond to your request to access this Site no later than 30 days from the date on which ContextWest receives your request.
How long does ContextWest Retain Your Data?
ContextWest retains all User information for as long the User’s account is active or as needed to provide services to the User. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be required in order to take advantage of all features of this Site.
- You can add or update certain information on pages, as applicable. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Are Children Allowed to Use the Site?
Children (minors, i.e., anyone under the age of 18) are not eligible to access and use the Site and, as such, minors should not submit any personal information or other content to ContextWest via the Site or otherwise.